Prep Time: 11-15 minutes
Cook Time: 21-25 minutes
- Skinned chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces on the bone – 750 grams
- Ghee – 3 tablespoons
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Bay leaves – 2
- Green cardamoms – 3-4
- Black cardamom – 1
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- Cloves – 3-4
- Black peppercorns – 3-4
- Chopped large onion – 3
- Ginger paste – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
- Red chili powder – 2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Chopped large tomatoes – 2
- Whisked Desi Natural Dahi – 1 cup
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh chopped coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Heat the ghee and oil in a non-stick pan, add the bay leaves, both cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns and onions and sauté till the onions turn golden.
- Add the ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and sauté for two minutes. Add the tomatoes and salt and sauté for three to four minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté on high heat for five minutes, or till lightly browned. Add the Desi Natural Dahi and sauté for five more minutes or till almost dry.
- Add two cups of water and mix well. When the mixture comes to a boil, cover and cook till the chicken is almost done.
- Sprinkle the garam masala powder, mix well and cook for two to three more minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.