Prep Time: 11-15 minutes
Cook Time: 11-15 minutes
- 400 grams Desi Natural Paneer
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 dried red chillies
- 2 medium (180 grams) red onions, quartered and layers separated
- 1 green chilli
- 2 medium (220 grams) green capsicums (green bell peppers), cut into 1 inch dices
- 2 medium (190 grams) tomatoes, halved, seeded and cut into 1 inch dices
- ½ tsp haldi (turmeric) powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and cut into juliennes
- Salt to taste
- 1½ tsps lemon juice
- 2 tsps chopped fresh cilantro (coriander leaves)
- Heat a non-stick pan, add vegetable oil and when small bubbles appear at the bottom of the pan, add cumin seeds and sauté till their colour changes.
- Break dried red chillies into two and add to the pan. Add onions, mix and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Diagonally slice green chilli and add and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add green capsicums (green bell peppers), and tomatoes, mix and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut the Desi Natural Paneer into ½ inch cubes.
- Add the haldi (turmeric) powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add ginger juliennes, paneer cubes and salt and mix gently. Cook for 2-3 minutes or till the paneer cubes get heated through.
- Add lemon juice and fresh cilantro (coriander leaves) and mix gently. Take the pan off the heat.
- Transfer the paneer jhalfrezi into a serving bowl and serve hot.
Chef’s tip: You can use vinegar instead of lemon juice.