Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 400 grams Desi Natural Paneer
- 1-2 green chillies + for garnish
- 2 medium (180 grams) onions
- 1 medium (110 grams) green bell pepper (capsicum)
- 2½ tbsps cornstarch
- 1 tbsp wheat flour (maida)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsps green chilli sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 1½ tbsps freshly crushed garlic
- 2 tsps dark soy sauce
- 1½ tbsps tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp vinegar
- Halve the onion and cut it horizontally into medium thick slices. Cut the green bell pepper into medium thick strips.
- Diagonally cut the green chillies into thin slices and cut the Desi Natural Paneer into 2 inch strips of medium thickness.
- To make the batter, take 1½ tbsps cornstarch in a wide shallow bowl. Add wheat flour (maida), salt to taste, 1 tsp green chilli sauce, 1 tsp soy sauce and ¼ cup water and whisk into a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a shallow non-stick pan.
- Dip each paneer strip in the batter so that they are evenly coated with the batter.
- Once the oil is heated and small bubbles appear on the bottom of the pan, gently slide in the paneer strips and shallow-fry, turning sides, till golden brown on both sides. Gently drain them on an absorbent paper. Take the pan off the heat.
- To make a slurry, take the remaining cornstarch in a small bowl, add 2 tbsps water and mix till smooth.
- Put 2 tbsps of the oil remaining after shallow-frying the paneer strips, into another non-stick pan and heat.
- Once small bubbles appear at the bottom of the pan, add crushed garlic, mix and sauté for 2 minutes or till the raw smell of garlic disappears. Add sliced onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the dark soy sauce, remaining green chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and sliced green chillies, mix and sauté for 1 minute. Add sliced green bell pepper and toss well and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the fried paneer strips and cornstarch slurry, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add vinegar, toss and take the pan off the heat.
- Transfer the paneer chilli fry into a serving bowl, garnish with green chilli slices and serve hot.