Prep Time: 16-20 minutes
Cook Time: 26-30 minutes
- 1 cup Desi Natural Dahi
- 750 grams chicken, cut into small pieces on the bone
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 180 grams red onions, peeled
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5-6 green cardamoms
- 2-3 green chillies
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- 1½ tbsps ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- ¾ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh cilantro (coriander leaves)
- Fresh cilantro (coriander) sprig for garnish
- Parantha or roti or steamed rice to serve
- Take chicken pieces in a bowl, add lemon juice and sprinkle salt, mix and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the onions.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan, once small bubbles start to appear at the bottom of the pan, add cumin seeds and sauté till their colour changes.
- Add green cardamoms and the sliced onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Break the green chillies and add and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces, mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes on high heat. Add ginger-garlic paste, mix and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup water, mix, cover with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add Desi Natural Dahi, kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves), garam masala powder and fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes on medium-low heat. Take the pan off the heat.
- Transfer the dahi chicken into a serving bowl, garnish with a cilantro (coriander) sprig and serve hot with parantha or roti or steamed rice.